Is anxiety can be dangerous?
Feeling anxious is very normal. In other words, feeling anxious is also necessary for survival. When a person is in danger, certain physical changes occur in his body like increased sensitivity, increased heartbeats etc. Due to these actions adrenaline releases from your body which is known as "fight or flight" hormone. It helps to provide comfort or flees from the present situation. Feeling anxious at some critical moments is natural but if a person is always dealing with depression and anxiety it may cause trouble in his life.
Symptoms of depression:
- Feeling of sadness, hopelessness
- Feeling exhausting
- Mood swings
- Loss of appetite
- Weak in directions
Symptoms of anxiety:
- Rapid heart rate
- A feeling of panic, danger
- Heavy sweating
- Muscle twitching
- Difficulty in focusing things
Causes of depression:
- The first-degree relationship with a person who is facing depression has a high risk of getting depression
- People with low coping personality may get depression
- Past head injury
- Childhood trauma
- Diseases like chronic obstructive pulmonary, cardiovascular disease, diabetes etc can cause depression.
Causes of anxiety:
- Work stress
- School stress
- Financial stress
- Stress in a personal relationship
- Medication side-effects
- Drug abuse
- Medical illness
Medication for depression:
- Selective Serotonin Reuptake Inhibitors (SSRIs) helps to ease depression by making more neurotransmitters serotonin for the brain. Common SSRIs are:
- SNRIs block the reabsorption of norepinephrine and serotonin which makes them more available for the brain. Common SNRIs are:
- NDRIs are a popular type of drugs which affects neurotransmitter dopamine.
- Tricyclics work by blocking the reabsorption of serotonin and norepinephrine. Common tricyclics are:
Medication for anxiety:
- Tricyclic antidepressants for treating GAD, panic disorder, and PTSD.
- Serotonin is used for social anxiety disorder, PTSD, GAD.
- Buspirone drug is used for treating GAD.
- Beta-blockers can also use for providing relief from many anxiety symptoms.
- Monoamine oxide inhibitors are used for treating panic disorder, PTSD, social anxiety disorder.
- Alpha-blockers are also used for treating PTSD.
- Homeopathic remedies for depression and anxiety: Using homeopathic remedies is a good way of fighting with depression and anxiety. The plus point about homeopathic remedies is that these medications are harmless. They don't have any kind of harmful side-effects. Contact Anxiety treatment Lyons and get the best medication prescriptions from the top homeopaths. Common homeopathic remedies for treating anxiety and depression are:
- Arsenicum album
- Natrum Muriaticum
- You can also consult a therapist for getting proper treatment of your depression and anxiety.
How to deal with depression and anxiety?
- Family and friends support is the most powerful type of healing. If a person gets the support of his family and friends, he will feel secure and safe. This helps him to feel satisfied and helps him for overcoming his anxiety or depression.
- Find new hobbies to do. Play with a kid, listen to cheerful songs, and keep a dog. These small changes can bring lots of comfort to your life.