Symptoms in children:
The symptoms are divided into three categories:
Forgets daily activities
The problem with organizing daily routine
Trouble in playing quietly
Too much talking
Often fidgets, squirms, or bounces when sitting
Always running and climbing
Blurts out answers
Trouble in waiting
Adults with ADHD:
Problem in relationship
Causes of ADHD:
• Chemical imbalance: The brain chemical may be out of balance.
• Brain changes: The brain areas which control attention are less active.
• Heredity: This disorder tends to run in descendants.
• Toxins: Toxins such as lead can affect a child's brain development.
• Brain injury: Damage to the front side of the brain, can cause a problem in controlling impulses and emotions.
Treatment for this disorder
Some symptoms of ADHD can be managed by medication and therapy:
• Medications: Some medication like stimulants helps in controlling impulsive behavior and hyperactivity like,
Stimulants don't work on everybody. Non-stimulant medication may be prescribed to children older than six year.
• Homeopathic treatment: Homeopathic treatment is very good for ADHD treatment. Some common homeopathic medicines for treating ADHD are Stramonium, Hyoscyamus nigar and, Cina. For more details about the homeopathic treatment, you can call Homeopathic Treatment Warren NJ.
Therapy: Therapy can help to focus on changing behavior. Some common therapies are:
• Behavior modification: This teaches ways to replace bad behavior with some good one.
• Special education: It helps the children to learn at school.
• Psychotherapy: This can help someone to learn better ways to handle the situation. It helps to improve self-esteem.
• Social skill training: It teaches behavior like talking in turns and sharing.
ADHD can also be controlled by proper diet:
• Avoid candy: Candy contains a lot amount of sugar and artificial color. Both of these are bad for health which can promote ADHD.
• Avoid caffeine, sodas, and high fructose corn syrup: If you are suffering from ADHD then avoid soda. These all things contain a lot amount of sugar which is not good for health.
• Frozen fruits and vegetables may increase ADHD symptoms: Frozen fruits and vegetables are not good for the person who is suffering from ADHD. Frozen fruits may contain artificial coloring.
• Avoid cakes and chocolates: ADHD can also occur due to food sensitivities. Some of the common foods are milk, soy, chocolates, beans, tomatoes, beans, eggs, and oranges. If you are suspecting any kind of food sensitivity in your child's diet then consult your doctor. You can contact ADHD treatment Bernardsville for more details.
• Eat fish and other seafood: Seafood is a good diet for curing ADHD. Ask the doctor about proper seafood for your diet.
These are some common ways to treat ADHD. ADHD can be cured with proper guidance. There are some other ways also to cure ADHD. If you know some other methods, comment down below.