Common symptoms of Social phobia are as follows:
• Muscle tension
• Shortness of breath
• Ringing in the ears
• Dry mouth
• Heart racing
• Self-consciousness in every social situation
• The intense worry for days before an upcoming social gathering
• Fear of embarrassment or humiliation
• Fear that others will judge you
• Avoid all social gatherings
• Stay quite
• Avoid sitting on the first row
• Avoid eye contact
Social anxiety is connected to some social situations, like performing in the stage, talking to strangers. This anxiety can be triggered due to many reasons:
• Public speaking
• Meeting new people
• Going on a date
• Performing on stage
• Speaking in a meeting
• Making phone calls
• Attending parties
What can cause social anxiety disorder?
Social anxiety disorder can run into families, but there is no a fix cause of this disorder. According to research, several parts of our brain are involved in fear or anxiety. Misreading of others' behavior can worsen social anxiety. Sometimes you think that a person is staring you even when he is not. A person can also get this disorder due to his underdeveloped social skills.
Inheritance: You are more prone to this disorder if your parents and siblings are facing this condition
Temperament: Shy, timid children facing new situation may get this disorder easily
Negative experience: A child who experienced teasing, rejection, bullying or humiliation may face this anxiety
New social life: Social anxiety disorder starts mostly in teenage when the person starts meeting new people.
How to beat Social Anxiety Disorder?
Keep positive thoughts before social engagements: Listen to a good song or watch your favorite drama before going out because activities which make you happy helps in release serotonin hormone which gives you relax.
Beat your fear and negative thoughts: When you are worried about upcoming events, then try to think to give your best.
Do not rely on alcohol: Try to manage your fear without using alcohol or narcotics.
Join Social Groups: Join any social group according to your taste. Take yourself to the park. Talk to strangers.
Live an anti-anxiety lifestyle:
Avoid caffeine: Avoid drinking coffee, soda, tea or other energy drinks. These drinks can increase your anxious mood.
Avoid drinking: Many people drinks before going to any social gathering, to calm the mood, but this can increase your anxiety attack.
Morning activities: Try to do exercise daily for about 30 minutes. If you hate exercise then try anything you like dancing etc.
Quality sleep: A good sleep will help you to stay calm in social situations.
Therapy to cure social phobia
1. Cognitive Behavioral Therapy: Cognitive Behavioral Therapy or CBT is a very successful treatment for social anxiety disorder. CBT helps in changing the individual's beliefs, thoughts. Contact Social Phobia treatment Hoboken for the best treatment of Social Anxiety Disorder.
2. Medications: Medications can help to control the symptoms but they are not a cure. Some useful medicines are:
3. Homeopathic Treatments: Millions of people are using homeopathic medicines for a different disorder, and the most common is for anxiety disorder. Contact Homeopathic Treatment Newark for best homeopathic treatment.
Some homeopathic medicines are:
1. Aconitum napellus
2. Argentum nitricum
3. Natrum muriaticum
4. Arsenicum album
These are some symptoms and remedies for treating social anxiety. There can be many other activities for reducing your anxiety. If you know any good remedy please share with us in our comment section.