Types of open wounds:
- Abrasion: This type of wounds occurs when the skin scrapes against ant hard surface such as a wall, road rash etc. Abrasion does not cause a lot of bleeding but the wound should be scrubbed and cleaned to avoid infection.
- Puncture: A puncture occurs when you hit with a long, pointy object like needle, nail or bullet.
- Laceration: Deep cuts or tearing of skin is known as laceration wounds. Laceration wounds usually occur with sharp knives, machinery etc. Rapid and extensive bleeding can cause in a laceration.
- Avulsion: Avulsion wounds causes heavily and rapid bleeding. This type of wounds occurs due to violent accident, explosions or gunshot.
Source -: 6 Easy & Useful Tips for Staying Fit in Summers
Some good home remedies for treating open wounds:
- Honey: In case of healing open wounds, honey can be the most effective remedy. Actually, it can be more effective than antibiotics. Honey helps in killing the bacterial cells and prevents the wounds from infection. Always use raw honey for applying to the open wounds. The other good thing about using honey is that honey helps in removing the scar and makes the skin smooth. When you apply honey on the wounds, it gets diluted with the tissues of the wounds, and produced hydrogen peroxide via glucose oxidase enzyme reaction which helps in healing the wound.
- Turmeric: Turmeric is not only a good kitchen spice but also an excellent antibiotic and antiseptic agent for open wounds. Raw turmeric helps in healing by modulating collagen. Apply turmeric in the bleeding wound and the bleeding will stop immediately.
- Aloe Vera: Aloe Vera consist anti-inflammatory, analgesic properties which help in healing. The gel of aloe vera has phytochemicals which help to reduce the inflammation and pain. Clean the wound first and then extract the gel by cutting the leaf and directly apply on the wound.
- Homeopathic remedies for open wounds: Homeopathic remedies can also be a good alternative for healing open wounds. Like other home remedies, homeopathic remedies also don't cause any kind of harmful side-effects. These remedies can be good for treating minor wounds. Contact Doctors in New Jersey for treating your wounds from best homeopathic remedies. Some good homeopathic remedies for treating open wounds are:
- Garlic: Garlic can instantly stop the bleeding and reduces the pain because it has antibiotic and anti-microbial properties. Garlic also helps in boosting the body's natural defense system against infection.
- Coconut oil: Coconut oil reduces the pain and helps to keep the wound away from infection. Coconut oil is also good for removing the scars of the wounds. It also helps in moisturizing the skin; apply coconut oil twice or thrice a day.
- Onion: Onion contains allicin which is a type of anti-microbial compound which protects the wound from infection. Make the paste of onion and honey in a blender and apply it directly on the wounds.
- Limestone powder: Limestone powder also has some healing properties. Take some turmeric and limestone powder and heat them together. Apply the paste on the wound and your wound will heal completely.